Welcome to my world. Join me as I start some of my ideas and try to create some of the wonderful ideas from other wonderful women.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Derby Day 2010







Yesterday, August 28,2010 was our church Pinewood Derby Day. This was our first year to do this and it was a ton of fun. E's car was "bling'd out" with "diamonds" and T-man's car was his "batmobile", he wanted it shaped like a guitar but we didn't cut it out until the night before at 9:30PM so maybe next year he can get his guitar.
E won 1st plae in the "midget" class and she now thinks "diamonds" are fast and wants them on all of her cars from now on. T-man won the award "Most Likely to be seen coming out of a batcave" he was thrilled to recieve a blue ribbon!!!!
When E went into the final rounds to race against all age divisions and she did not win she was very upset- needless to say she is very competative and we need to work on her sportsmanship. I am glad she has a instinct to want to be the best but I also want her to be happy for everyone at the same time :)
I do not think this will be our last year at Derby Day, because when we left the kids were already talking about what they were going to design next year!
I am so glad we had so much fun as a family- and so happy to be part of a church that has so many great opportunities for our kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment