Welcome to my world. Join me as I start some of my ideas and try to create some of the wonderful ideas from other wonderful women.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Twins 21st Bday






Wow at how fast time goes by!! My little cousins celebrated their 21st birthday in August and my aunt asked me to make their cakes. All I have to say about my aunt is: 1 I have always called her "crazy Aunt Holly" *haha*, 2 she must have a lot of faith in me to make the cakes she requested (especially considering I have only made 3 other cakes ever!).
Jami's cake was a Tiffany's box- with Jami&Co. on it ;p I loved it. When I put the cake against the Tiffany&Co box I realized I really needed to work on the color next time.
Jessica's cake was a "candy theme" cake- she told me all the candy she wanted and sent pictures of her "cake" (the topsy turvy cake). I was happy with this cake as well, the only thing that I was really dissapointed in was my green fondant was too gooey to use on the top layer so I had to cover the entire cake purple.
Overall I was happy with the cakes, and I learned a lot of things to do next time and a lot if things not to do *haha* Thank you for letting me have fun with your cakes Jami and Jess!! I was thrilled to take part of your 21st!
I also included the pic of me and the twins, me and "crazy Aunt Holly", and a 5 generation picture that we were lucky enough to take at the party. I was not happy with my hair but with moments like this you overlook the small stuff- I am so lucky to have my great-grandmother (Bebe), grandmother(Memaw), mom(Gamma), and my kids all with me :)
The cakes are not perfect but they are by me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment